Summer vacation is over. Students at USD 305 schools returned to the classroom last week. Other Saline County schools, and colleges join them this week.
Students at Southeast of Saline, Ell-Saline, Salina Catholic Schools, Kansas Wesleyan University, and K-State Salina all return to school this week.
Salina’s Kenwood Cove water park is also winding down its season. The water park is staying open a little longer this year.
Monday through Friday of this week, Kenwood Cove will be open for evening water walking, lasting from 6:00-8:00pm each evening. Entry for water walking costs $3 per evening or you can use your water walking punch cards.The water park will be open Saturday and Sunday from 12pm-4pm. Limited attractions will be available and admission will be $3 for adults and $2 for children.
After closing Sunday, Kenwood Cove will open one final time Monday evening for a final year-end special event. A Pooch Plunge event is from 5 till 8. Admission is $5 for adults and dogs get in free.
There are a few rules to remember, which include:
* Only owners and their dogs will be allowed in water.
* Owners are limited to two dogs each.
* Children under 16 are not allowed in pool.
* Dogs need proof of vaccination.
* Female dogs in heat are not allowed.
* Keep dogs on a leash while not in the water.
* Owners must clean up after their dogs.
* No dangerous dogs as outlined by the City ordinance passed on August 9, 2004.