Five adults and a two-month-old baby escaped without injury early Monday morning when their mobile home caught on fire after an incendiary device was thrown through a bedroom window.
Salina Fire Marshall Roger Williams tells KSAL News that firefighters were called at 6:11 in the morning to 917 N. 13th Lot #2. First responders found an active fire.
Crews made a quick attack on the fire, but were not able to save the home. Both the home and contents are a total loss.
Williams determined arson to be the cause. He says that an incendiary devise was thrown from the outside, through a bedroom window. Five adults and a two-month-old baby were all sleeping inside the home at the time. They were all able to escape without injury.
Both the Salina Fire Department and Salina Police Department are investigating. Williams asks anyone with any possible information on the case to call Salina Police at 785-826-7210, or the Salina Fire Department at 785-826-7340.
The North Central Kansas Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.