A smell of something hot, or possibly smoldering in a bin, prompted a fire department response and the brief evacuation of a Salina grain elevator Friday morning.
Salina firefighters responded to a call at ADM Milling at 300 East Ash Street at around 8:00 in the morning.
Battalion Chief David Turner from the Salina Fire Department told KSAL News at the scene that there turned out to be no active fire. Instead, an overheated motor at the top of one of the grain bins was the cause.
Salina Police blocked access to a section of Ash Street near the facility while crews investigated. By 8:30 the street was open again, and crews left the scene.
Copyright © Alpha Media, 2015. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without Alpha Media’s express consent.