Fire Recovery Fund Established

A fund has been established to help a faculty member at Kansas Wesleyan University whose home was destroyed by a fire which also killed all of her pets.

Fire crews were sent to 5493 S. Cunningham Road on Wednesday after an area resident reported smoke coming from a house. The home was soon engulfed in flames, and the roof collapsed as first responders arrived.

The home, owned by Dr. Dorothy Hannah, was totally destroyed. She told deputies she left a space heater on inside to keep her 10 cats warm. The pets did not survive.

Dr. Hannah was not at home when the fire ignited and no persons were injured.

A GoFundMe account has been established to help Dr. Hannah recover.