Salina, KS

Now: 48 °

Currently: Fair

Hi: 52 ° | Lo: 27 °

Unattended Cooking Blamed for Deadly Liberal Apartment Fire

KSAL StaffFebruary 17, 2016

Authorities say one person has died in an apartment fire in southwest Kansas.

The Hutchinson News reports that the fire started early Tuesday in Liberal in a four-unit building. Liberal Fire Department Chief Kelly Kirk says crews found a person sleeping inside a bedroom of a smoky apartment. The person suffered smoke inhalation and died about an hour later at a hospital.

The name of the victim wasn’t immediately released, pending notification of relatives.

Kirk says unattended cooking started the fire. The blaze was contained to the apartment and was extinguished in the kitchen area. The damage is estimated at $30,000.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2019. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS



STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

“The Office” ...
November 14, 2019Comments
Downtown Project Mileston...
November 14, 2019Comments
Kansas Joins Gun Violence...
November 14, 2019Comments
Bennington Woman Wins $3,...
November 13, 2019Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2019 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH