A science experiment gone awry has injured three high school students in Topeka.
Liquid from the experiment spilled onto the floor and ignited during class Wednesday afternoon at Highland Park High School. District spokesman Ron Harbaugh said in an email Thursday that the fire spread to the feet of three students.
Harbaugh said the students were taken for medical treatment, but he didn’t elaborate on the degree of their injuries. The email said two of the students were in school Thursday and that the third student was expected to be at school Friday.
Harbaugh also didn’t go into much detail about the science experiment, except to say it “had been done numerous times in the class.”
Associated Press information from: The Topeka Capital-Journal