Men Sentenced For 3 Years of Poaching
KSAL StaffSeptember 27, 2015
The Kansas man received:
- Approximately $3,200 each in fines and court costs.
- They are prohibited from obtaining licenses or permits in Kansas or any compact states for one year.
- They area prohibited from hunting in Kansas, licensed or otherwise, for a period of 5 years.
- They were given 30 days jail time and put on probation for 12 months.
- $2,188 dollars in fines and court costs.
- He was suspended from obtaining licenses or permits in Kansas or compact states.
- He was given 30 days jail time and put on probation for a year.
Kansas has a hunter involved program to help fight poachers like this. Operation Game Thief is a program that provides a toll-free number for anyone witnessing wildlife-related violations to call immediately and make a report. All calls received are immediately relayed to the natural resource officer nearest the violation. The line is available anytime of day or night, every day of the year, and callers may remain anonymous. The number to call is 1-877-426-3843.]]>
Copyright © Meridian Media, 2021. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Meridian Media’s express consent.