PRATT, Kan. (AP) — A Pratt County man has died after a space heater caught fire in his camper.
The 68-year-old man was the sole occupant of the approximately 8-by-12 or -14 feet camper, located about five miles south of Pratt and about 10 and a half miles to the west.
Sheriff Vernon Chinn says he received the call about the fatal fire around 9:15 p.m. Thursday. The Cullison Fire Department, Pratt County Emergency Services and the Pratt County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the camper, which was fully engulfed in flame when they arrived.
The man’s body was found in the residence after the fire was extinguished. His identity hasn’t been released pending notification of family members.
Associated Press information from: The Wichita Eagle