The Class of Senior Honors 2019 at Wichita State University were honored at a banquet recently on campus. Being named a Senior Honor is one of the most prestigious honors a Wichita State student can receive. Since the program’s inception in 1917, more than 1,060 students have been selected for this honor.
Less than 1% of all Wichita State students receive this distinction. Selection is based on a student’s commitment to academic excellence, their involvement on campus and contribution to the community, academic standing and oral and written communication skills. Ten students have been selected for this year’s honor.
The following 2019 Senior Honors were honored at the banquet:
- Ashruta Acharya, 2014 graduate of Rato Bangala School, Lalitpur, Nepal
- Clayton Baugh, 2015 graduate of Goddard High School, Goddard, Kansas
- Samuel Belsan, 2013 graduate of Christian Liberty Academy, Wichita, Kansas
- Meghan Carver, 2015 graduate of Mulvane High School, Mulvane, Kansas
- Kent Dang, 2014 graduate of Southeast High School, Wichita, Kansas
- Courtney Nichole Grosch, 2015 graduate of Newton High School, Newton, Kansas
- Kyle Kopecky, 2015 graduate of Blue Valley North High School, Overland Park, Kansas
- Amy Lightfoot, 2015 graduate of Rampart High School, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Shelby Rowell, 2015 graduate of El Dorado High School, El Dorado, Kansas
- Breck Towner, 2015 graduate of El Dorado High School, El Dorado, Kansas