Arts Education Coordinator Stacy Ash tells KSAL News is excited about the entertainment this year. She tells KSAL News that the headliners won’t disappoint. They include:
- Friday night Reckless Kelly – Led by brothers Willy on vocals and guitar and Cody Braun on vocals, fiddle, mandolin and harmonica, this band clearly loves their craft and brings that to the stage. As an alternative country-rock outfit, Reckless Kelly delivers a high energy live performance that will knock your boots right off with their heartfelt, outlaw country sound dashed with a hard-hitting rock-n- roll flavor.
- Saturday night The Rocketboys – The Rocketboys sound reflects the Texas landscape from which they hail: vast yet sparse, desolate yet rich and abundant. Familiar lyrical themes of romance and love are often eschewed in favor of songs of brotherhood, family, life, and death. The band has a dynamic musical array, from guitar and keyboard-rich anthems to gentle, ethereal whispers. Hit TV shows like (Glee, and One Tree Hill,) have channeled the bands thematic energy. Reviews often highlight the bands parity to textural acts such as Band of Horses and Death Cab for Cutie while retaining the mass appeal of Coldplay, and The Verve.
- Sunday final act SUNU – Since 2007, the outstanding musical outfit known as SUNU has been consistently delivering what is described as A wall of drums, horns, and funk. Employing West-African percussion such as djembe and dunun, combined with a trio of powerhouse horns and a driving rhythm section, allows the band to mix elements of Afrobeat, funk, jazz, and R&B. This potent stew of pure soul keeps SUNU regarded as one of the most in-demand acts in the Lawrence and Kansas City areas.
- Chicken and Waffles
- Fried Oyster
- Turkey Strawberry Sliders
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Grilled Pork Mac n Cheese