Authorities say a Wichita State University student has died of an “apparent overdose” in a residence hall.
The Wichita Eagle reports that the university said in a statement that the 29-year-old student was found unresponsive around 11 p.m. Wednesday in his room at Fairmount Towers South. A Wichita Police Department incident report says a resident assistant had gone into the room to investigate an odor.
No foul play is suspected. Counseling staff is being made available to meet with students on campus.