Salina Firefighters made quick work of a small house fire Tuesday morning. At around 8:00 in the morning crews were called to 813 N 4th Street to the report of black smoke coming from the back of the home.
First responders discovered an active fire.
Salina Fire Marshall Roger Williams told KSAL News at the scene that the fire started in a mechanical room / laundry room area. The resident had returned home after dropping off her boyfriend at work. She smelled, then saw smoke in the back of the house. She exited and called for help.
Williams says that firefighters were able to quickly get the fire under control.
There was no major structure damage, though firefighters did need to break a window in the back of the house for ventilation. There were no injuries.
Williams said that the North Central Kansas Chapter of the American Red Cross was responding to assist the resident.