Kansas man electrocuted on the job

KSAL StaffSeptember 15, 2014

Police in a southern Kansas community say a 34-year-old man was electrocuted when a boom on a truck touched an overhead power line.

The accident happened Monday morning at the Arkansas City headquarters of KanPak, an international maker of cold and frozen beverages, containers and dispensers.

The Arkansas City Traveler reports the man worked for a local concrete company involved in KanPak’s ongoing expansion project.

Police said a boom that delivers cement from a concrete truck touched a power line. The worker was in contact with the truck when it became energized.

The man’s name has not been released. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Enrollment Underway for 5...
February 16, 2018Comments
Fire Destroys Contents of...
February 16, 2018Comments
UPDATE: No Incidents Foll...
February 16, 2018Comments
Shoplifters Caught on Cam...
February 16, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO