A fire caused extensive damage to the inside of a building in Brookville.
According to the Saline County Sheriff’s Office, the owner of a building on Anderson Street left the building for several hours on Saturday, and left a fire burning in a wood burning stove. He returned to find smoke filling the building.
Rural Fire District #3 responded. A fire started in the chimney, but burnt itself out before spreading to the roof.
Though there wasn’t significant structure damage, there was significant smoke damage throughout the building.
There were no injuries.
Copyright © Alpha Media, 2016. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story or website may be reproduced without Alpha Media’s express consent.