Salina, KS

Now: 28 °

Currently: Fair

Hi: 28 ° | Lo: 25 °

Dogs Rescued From Fire

KSAL StaffDecember 3, 2014

A weekend fire that led to the evacuation of more than 20 dogs from a Lawrence pet care business also caused $60,000 in damages.

The Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical department has deemed the fire accidental. In a press release, the department confirmed the fire at Christal K-9 was caused by an electrical malfunction of a box fan.

Twenty-one dogs were saved from the building when emergency responders arrived. Officials said one dog died at the scene and a second dog died from its injuries on Sunday. Several other dogs remain in treatment.

The business provides grooming, training and boarding services for pets.

Associated Press information from: the Lawrence Journal-World

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Drowsy Driver Hurt in Cra...
November 18, 2018Comments
Van Rolls in Weather-Rela...
November 18, 2018Comments
Earthquakes Shake Area
November 18, 2018Comments
Salina Woman Wins $1,000 ...
November 17, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH