Salina, KS

Now: 89 °

Currently: Fair

Hi: 89 ° | Lo: 64 °

Thursday Morning Fire in Culver

KSAL StaffDecember 7, 2017

No one was injured in a fire that damaged a home in Culver on Thursday morning.

Ottawa County Sheriff Keith Coleman told KSAL News that first responders were called to a fire at a home at 221 Main Street in Culver.

A neighbor ran to the scene to assist before firefighters arrived.

Nate Willard told KSAL News that he ran to the scene with a fire extinguisher, and fought the fire along with the resident. Willard knocked the fire down with the extinguisher, then pulled siding away on the outside of the home as the homeowner poured buckets of water on it.

The fire damaged one room, and an outside wall. Coleman said it appears to have been started by discarded fireplace ash.

The resident of the home, identified as Cynthia Berube, was not injured.

 

photo by Nate Willard

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2017.  All Rights Reserved. No part of this story or website may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

RELATED POSTS

Explosion, Fire Knocks Out Power

December 8, 2017 9:19 am

Fire Consumes Pickup

December 5, 2017 10:43 am

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Board of Regents Approve ...
September 20, 2018Comments
Friday Night Saturation P...
September 20, 2018Comments
Deer Causes Injury Crash
September 20, 2018Comments
Plane Makes Emergency lan...
September 20, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH