No one was injured in a fire that damaged a home in Culver on Thursday morning.
Ottawa County Sheriff Keith Coleman told KSAL News that first responders were called to a fire at a home at 221 Main Street in Culver.
A neighbor ran to the scene to assist before firefighters arrived.
Nate Willard told KSAL News that he ran to the scene with a fire extinguisher, and fought the fire along with the resident. Willard knocked the fire down with the extinguisher, then pulled siding away on the outside of the home as the homeowner poured buckets of water on it.
The fire damaged one room, and an outside wall. Coleman said it appears to have been started by discarded fireplace ash.
The resident of the home, identified as Cynthia Berube, was not injured.