Salina, KS

Now: 79 °

Currently: Cloudy

Hi: 79 ° | Lo: 73 °

Squirrel Sparks Fire

KSAL StaffMarch 17, 2014

A house and several older vehicles were damaged after a grass fire grew and engulfed the back of a house at 4533 S. Burma Road on Friday.

Captain Roger Soldan with the Saline County Sheriff’s Office tells KSAL News that a squirrel was electrocuted on an overhead Westar wire and fell to the ground, igniting the grass on Friday evening about 5:30pm.

Fire District #6 responded to the blaze. Deputies say the rental house was unoccupied and is owned by Eldon Tillberg.

Damage to the home, a shed, one car, two trucks and a old wagon is estimated in the thousands.

There were no injuries.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

RELATED POSTS

Large Grass Fire At Indian Rock

April 9, 2014 3:38 pm

Male Victim Shot in Salina

March 28, 2014 10:05 am

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Kobach Attends ICE Rally
July 16, 2018Comments
Arrest follows Car, Foot ...
July 16, 2018Comments
Salina Police Log 7-16-18
July 16, 2018Comments
Threats made with Small S...
July 16, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH