Salina, KS

Now: 44 °

Currently: Cloudy

Hi: 53 ° | Lo: 33 °

Space Heater Culprit in Kansas Death

KSAL StaffDecember 18, 2015

PRATT, Kan. (AP) – A Pratt County man has died after a space heater caught fire in his camper.

The Wichita Eagle reports that the 68-year-old man was the sole occupant of the approximately 8-by-12 or -14 feet camper, located about five miles south of Pratt and about 10 and a half miles to the west.

Sheriff Vernon Chinn says he received the call about the fatal fire around 9:15 p.m. Thursday. The Cullison Fire Department, Pratt County Emergency Services and the Pratt County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the camper, which was fully engulfed in flame when they arrived.

The man’s body was found in the residence after the fire was extinguished. His identity hasn’t been released pending notification of family members.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

RELATED POSTS

Man Falls to His Death in Trego County

December 11, 2017 6:56 am

Couple Charged in Child’s Death

December 6, 2017 11:55 am

Changes Coming For Kansas License Buyers

December 2, 2017 10:15 am

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

“Country-Rock’...
January 19, 2018Comments
Study: Riley, Decatur Cou...
January 19, 2018Comments
Gun Pointed at 2 Women
January 19, 2018Comments
Students Accused in Sex A...
January 19, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018