A pull trailer is destroyed in a fire near Mentor.
Crews from Rural Fire District #2 responded to an active fire Thursday morning around 10:30am at storage shed south of Mentor located at 5557 S. Old 81 Highway.
Lt. Stan Fruits with the Saline County Sheriff’s Office says investigators believe the fire was electrical in nature and started in the stove and microwave area.
The 2002 Nomad Travel Trailer and its contents are listed as a total loss at $6,000.
The fire also burned a 2008 Winnebago motor home that was parked in the adjacent stall. Damage is estimated at $1,500.
Authorities report the shed is owned by Wendy Holtz of Assaria, while the Nomad trailer is owned by Donald Tillberg of Salina.
The Winnebago is owned by Allen Burr of Salina.
Deputies say this was not a suspicious fire.