The North Central Kansas Coordinated Transit District has launched www.ksrides.org, a website devoted to improving public transportation in north central Kansas.
The new www.ksrides.org will provide consumers in north central Kansas easy access to all the public transportation providers in the eight county region of Saline, Ellsworth, Lincoln, Ottawa, Mitchell, Cloud, Jewell and Republic. The site will also be a reference for upcoming transportation initiatives, news about transit, special opportunities for the public, as well as additional future services that will improve the availability and quality of public transportation.
The transit providers within the North Central Kansas Coordinated Transit District want to make transit more accessible and more useful to north central Kansas’ rural residents. While doing that, they also hope to foster these goals:
- Maintaining quality of life for individuals who live in our communities
- Increase awareness and perception of transportation services
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of transit service so more Kansans can be served
- Increase the level of communication, cooperation and coordination among existing providers
Preserving Rural Living
- Allow Kansans to stay within their current communities
- Increase and enhance the level of connectivity between activity centers (i.e., cities, major employers, major medical facilities)
“We are excited to bring this new service to the residents of north central Kansas,” said Michelle Griffin, Mobility Manager for the North Central Kansas Coordinated Transit District. “This website is just one of the first steps in our journey to create more coordination and community within the transit providers and those we serve.”
Kansas Rides is also on social media and can be followed on Facebook (@kansasrides) and Twitter (@ksrides).