A hot mower bursts into flames and damages a home in Falun.
According to Saline County Undersheriff Roger Soldan, 54-year-old Marc Thomas suffered burns to his feet while fighting a fire that started on the patio of his house at 336 S. Main Monday afternoon.
Marquette Fire and Medics responded to the blaze at about 4:25pm that was sparked by a riding mower.
Deputies say Thomas had finished mowing and let the machine run for a short time to clear out the grass from under the deck. He turned it off and went inside.
About 30-minutes later, a neighbor alerted Thomas that the exterior of the home was on fire.
A gas can that was left nearby the mower fueled the blaze that destroyed a 1982 Honda Gold Wing motorcycle, weed eater and vinyl siding.
Rural Fire District #2 also responded to the scene.
Loss and damage is estimated at $2,500.