Salina, KS

Now: 50 °

Currently: Fair

Hi: 70 ° | Lo: 46 °

Fire Guts Home Near Assaria

KSAL StaffDecember 14, 2016

A homeowner called 911 after discovering his garage was engulfed in flames Tuesday evening.

Lt. Michael Ascher with the Saline County Sheriff’s Office tells KSAL News that John Tillman smelled smoke after coming home Tuesday evening and then discovered his attached garage was on fire.

Crews from Rural Fire Departments #2 and #6 responded to 9104 S. Fairchilds Road at 5:40pm to fight the blaze that moved into the house and destroyed the property located southwest of Assaria.

Investigators say the fire was electrical in nature – after a heat lamp that was plugged into an exterior outlet was used to keep a pet dog warm in the garage sparked the blaze.

Authorities say there were no injuries, but the dog that was kept in a kennel died in the fire.

Loss is estimated at $450,000. The 2-story house was insured.

 

Saline County Sheriff Office photo

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Dodge City Infant OK Afte...
September 26, 2018Comments
Savanna Chestnut to Highl...
September 25, 2018Comments
Stolen Truck Found, Arres...
September 25, 2018Comments
Salina Candidate Forum Pl...
September 25, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH