Salina, KS

Now: 32 °

Currently: Cloudy

Hi: 48 ° | Lo: 25 °

Fire Destroys Houseboat

KSAL StaffMay 2, 2017

A houseboat that was docked at an area pond was destroyed by fire on Monday evening.

Crews from Rural Fire District #2 were called to the old Johnson Sand pit located at 1601 E. Schilling Road at about 6:45pm Monday after a 1978 Crest brand houseboat caught on fire.

Owner Gary Johnson told Saline County Deputies he believed a refrigerator that was plugged in on board, short circuited and ignited the blaze.

The craft was unoccupied and no one was injured.

The houseboat is valued at $12,500 and is listed as a total loss.

Photo courtesy of Saline Co. Sheriff’s Office

]

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Grandson of KSU Football ...
January 18, 2018Comments
Earl Bane Foundation Supp...
January 17, 2018Comments
VIDEO: Bob Dole Honored W...
January 17, 2018Comments
Fake $100 for Gum
January 17, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018