Salina, KS

Now: 27 °

Currently: Fair

Hi: 44 ° | Lo: 28 °

Fire Damages Salina Home

KSAL StaffFebruary 20, 2014

Careless smoking is blamed as a cause to a fire early Thursday morning in Salina.

According to the Salina Fire Department, at 5:15 in the morning crews responded to a house fire at 507 N. 12th.

In a news release Fire Inspector Troy Long said “the occupants inside the home were alerted to the fire by a working smoke alarm and were able to evacuate the burning structure. This is a clear example of how working smoke alarms save lives.”

Long noted that the occupants were sleeping in the room where the fire started and could have easily been trapped by the fire had they not been alerted by the smoke alarm.

Long determined the fire was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials in the bedroom. Fire damage is estimated at $35,000.00.

Long stresses that “all residential dwellings should have a working smoke alarm and battery operated smoke alarms should have their batteries changed twice per year.”

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

RELATED POSTS

Fire Damages Salina Home

March 24, 2014 11:11 am

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

ACLU Opposes Lawsuit Dism...
December 10, 2018Comments
Large Crowd Attends Mayor...
December 9, 2018Comments
City to Recycle Christmas...
December 9, 2018Comments
Holiday Break Lifeguard T...
December 9, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH