Salina, KS

Now: 20 °

Currently: Cloudy

Hi: 20 ° | Lo: 13 °

Child Who Suffered Electrical Shock Passes Away

KSAL StaffDecember 31, 2013
An 11-year-old Salina girl who suffered an electrical shock while playing in a rainstorm remains in critical condition at a Wichita hospital.

A child who suffered an electrical shock last spring during a rainstorm in Downtown Salina has passed away.

The family of 11-year-old Jayden Hicks announced on the “Prayers for Jayden” Facebook page that she died at 3:56 Tuesday morning.

Back on May 29th Jayden and a group of friends were playing during a rainstorm in puddles near Campbell Plaza when she was shocked. Four other children playing with her and a firefighter who was injured during the rescue were treated and released at Salina Regional Health Center.

Since that time, family and friends rallied around Jayden. “Stay Calm and Pray For Jayden” shirts and decals were made, and the “Prayers for Jayden” Facebook page was created. Multiple fundraising events were also held to help the family with expenses.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

RELATED POSTS

Facebook Leads Police to Thief

July 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Facebook Post Criticized

October 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Facebook Selfie Leads to Arrest

November 13, 2014 11:02 am

Facebook Photos Lead to Arrest

July 16, 2014 10:53 am

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Lottery Thief Turns Self ...
February 20, 2018Comments
Burglar Takes Cash, Lotte...
February 20, 2018Comments
Motions Hearing for Garde...
February 20, 2018Comments
CLOSINGS, CANCELLATIONS, ...
February 20, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO