Salina, KS

Now: 93 °

Currently: Fair / Windy

Hi: 97 ° | Lo: 74 °

Carbon Monoxide Leak in Gym Sickens 2

KSAL StaffDecember 22, 2015

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A carbon monoxide leak inside a Lawrence gym has sent two people to the hospital.

Emergency responders were called to Genesis Health Club around 7 a.m. Thursday. Firefighters discovered the leak in the gym’s pool area.

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Marshal Jim King says two people exposed to the gas were taken to a local hospital. Further information on their conditions wasn’t immediately available.

Gym owner Rodney Steven II says a faulty flue vent connected to boilers that heat the pool caused the leak. He says the vent has been fixed.

Steven says all gym members who had visited the facility that day were notified of the gas leak.

___

Associated Press information from: Lawrence Journal-World

 

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Former KS Senator Endorse...
September 19, 2018Comments
Laptop Stolen From Salina...
September 19, 2018Comments
Kansas National Guard Hel...
September 19, 2018Comments
Kansas State University P...
September 19, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH