Volunteers will gather Saturday morning to help make Salina a better place to live. People of all ages are ready to roll up their sleeves and tackle a variety of community service projects during the annual Fall Fix-Up effort.
The projects include:
- Ashby House – painting living room at shelter, cleaning up flowerbeds and removing debris and trash from properties
Community Housing Development – yard clean-up on N 11th, trees trimmed off roof, brush and TV tower removed, fence rebuilt in back yard
- North Town – painting front porches and putting medallions on storm drains
North Town – citizens bring their tires for recycling to the empty lot north of Dairy Queen on North Ninth Street
- Old Smoky Hill River Channel – Picking up trash and clearing foliage on the Smoky Hill River next to CKAF
- Salina Downtown – Maintenance of plants and general clean-up
- Salina Arts and Humanities – Cleaning public sculptures in Salina.
- The Temple – Painting two salon rooms at the Salina Innovation Center located at the Masonic Temple
The Fall Fix-Up event is coordinated by the Friends of the River Foundation. Activities will begin at the at the Temple, 336 S. Santa Fe, with a continental breakfast.
The Fall Fix-Up community work day is scheduled from 7:30 a.m till noon on Saturday, October 12th.
It’s not too late to still volunteer. To volunteer: http://volunteer.unitedwaysalina.org/event/detail/?event_id=60237