Volunteers will gather next Saturday morning for a labor of love to help make Salina a better place to live. People of all ages are ready to roll up their sleeves and tackle a variety of community service projects during the annual Fall Fix-Up effort.
The projects include:
- Clean-up of sculptures
- Clean-up on the YMCA trails and Smoky Hill River Channel
- Building 5 porches, landscaping
- Medallion placement on storm drains in the North Town District
- Clean-up in parking lots and alleys in Salina Downtown
- Planting tulips at the Salina Innovation Center located in the Masonic Temple
- Demolition before the remodel in a house for Ashby House
- Painting at the Martin Luther King Jr. Child Dev. Ctr.
The Fall Fix-Up event is coordinated by the Friends of the River Foundation. Activities will begin at the Friends of the River Office, 159 S. 4th Street with a continental breakfast.
The Fall Fix-Up community work day is scheduled from 7:30 a.m till noon on Saturday, October 20th.