Salina, KS

Now: 75 °

Currently: Fair

Hi: 96 ° | Lo: 70 °

Trailer Fire Leaves County Family Without Home

KSAL StaffDecember 7, 2015

A trailer fire yesterday morning on the 400 block of 2nd Street in Brookville resulted in a total loss of a trailer, leaving a family without a home.

At 7:30AM, Eleisa Chavez woke up to the smell of smoke in her home. When she looked down the hall, she saw flames, gathered up her children and all made it out of the home safely. Fire District 3 responded to the fire, but the trailer was totaled for a loss of $5,000.

While Chavez was the resident in the home, her aunt, Albina Arceo is the owner.

The Red Cross was also at the scene to offer assistance to the family. The cause of the fire is suspected to be a space heater.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

RELATED POSTS

Saline County Open Burning Laws Change

December 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Man Falls to His Death in Trego County

December 11, 2017 6:56 am

Explosion, Fire Knocks Out Power

December 8, 2017 9:19 am

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Sanders Wichita Appearanc...
July 19, 2018Comments
Fire Victim’s Names...
July 19, 2018Comments
Kansas Turnpike Hikes Tol...
July 19, 2018Comments
Lindsborg Man Admits Prod...
July 18, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH