Sparks From Fire Place Ignite Entire House In To Flames

Jeremy BohnFebruary 16, 2021

A man and his dogs are able to escape without harm when their home near New Cambria goes up in flames.

Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan tells KSAL News that deputies and Rural Fire District No. 5 were sent to 3192 N. Weaver Rd.–a mile north of New Cambira–for a residential fire at 10:22 p.m. Monday.

The owner of the home, 49-year-old Casey Burket, had left a fire going in his fire place while he slept. He awoke to a strange smell inside of the home when he realized that a spark from the fire had jumped on to a nearby chair, which became engulfed. He was unable to quell the blaze on his own, so he rounded up his dogs and escaped burning home unscathed.

The fire quickly spread throughout the residence and crews were unable to stop it before the home was destroyed.

Burket reports a $195,000 loss.

Copyright © Meridian Media, 2021. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Meridian Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :



STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

A Handy Way to Fish
June 19, 2021Comments
KU Gets Alzheimer’s...
June 18, 2021Comments
Adult Care Facility COVID...
June 18, 2021Comments
Bicycle Thief Caught on C...
June 18, 2021Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets