One of Kansas Wesleyan’s rising events, the university’s annual Women in Leadership conference, is set for March 30. The event will be held in Mabee Arena, beginning at 4:30 p.m., and admission is free.
According to KWU, Women in Leadership, now in its second year, provides an opportunity for all women, including students, to network with female community leaders. This year’s speakers include keynote Mollie Hale Carter, executive chairman of Sunflower Bank, the Honorable Angela Coble ’94, a judge on the Kansas Court of Appeals, and Renee Duxler, the interim president and CEO of the Salina Area Chamber of Commerce. Numerous other leaders of north-central Kansas will be present, with a full list of speakers below.
All participants are asked to bring a feminine or other hygiene product, which will be donated to the Salina Area Emergency Aid / Food Bank.
Women in Leadership speakers:
- Mollie Hale Carter, executive chairman, Sunflower Bank – Keynote Speaker
- Karen Couch, executive director, Salina Emergency Aid / Food Bank
- Donna Pearson McClish, founder/CEO, Common Ground
- Dr. Alysia Starkey, CEO/dean, Kansas State University Salina Aerospace and Technology Campus
- Vickee Spicer, executive director, Prairieland Market
- Lindsey White, recruiter, SFC Global Supply Chain
- Hon. Angela Coble ’94, judge, Kansas Court of Appeals
- Renee Duxler, interim president/CEO, Salina Area Chamber of Commerce
- Madyson Beckett ’22, graduate student speaker
- Alexis Utz, student speaker
To lock in your seat for Women in Leadership 2023, please visit www.kwu.edu/womeninleadership23 and register before March 24.