Salina will recognize the life, legacy, and leadership of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. this weekend. Multiple events are planned.
As part of MLK Jr. Week, there is a community potluck on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. at Sunrise Presbyterian Church, 825 E. Beloit Avenue. Open to the public, those who attend are asked to bring a dish to share. Drinks and tableware are provided.
On Sunday a 3:30 p.m. a church service is planned at Sunrise Presbyterian. It will include:
- Welcome by Pastor Martha Murchison
- St. John’s Military School Cadets flag ceremony / presentation
- Presentations from individuals, churches, and Salina / Saline County first responders
- Cultural Crawl exhibit which was recently at the Salina Art Center
- Music from Salina Youth Choir, Sunrise Presbyterian Chancel Choir, and NAACP Matriarch Mrs. Cora Williams
“Proud to Be…” is the 2019 King theme.
On Monday a Martin Luther King Jr. youth celebration will be held at noon at St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church at 215 S. Chicago in Salina.