Volunteers are being sought to help with the inaugural Salina Crossroads Marathon event, which will wind through town this fall.
The event is for serious runners, fun runners, and walkers. There will be 3 events on Saturday, November 5th:
- Full Marathon (26.2 miles) (Boston Qualifier) The Marathon Route is a 13.1 mile course. Full Marathon Runners will run the loop twice.
- Half-Marathon (13.1 miles) Runners will run the 13.1 mile loop once.
- 4.01K (2.5 miles) The 4.01K will loop back around early and finish back south on Santa Fe.
Organizers are looking for volunteers and there are lots of ways to be involved. Here are some of the opportunities available:
- Helping out at a water stop
- Creating a cheer team
- Logistics support
- Helping out at registration
- Having information or yard signs at your place of work
Salina Crossroads Event Highlights
- There are runners registered from 21 states and we anticipate adding more states during the next three months!
- 100% of the race entry fees will be going to support youth sports in Saline County!
- Electric Guitar National Anthem!
- Music station every mile of the race and live band after the race!
There are several race opportunities to sign up for:
- Marathon (sponsored by Homewood Suites by Hilton Salina Downtown)
- Half Marathon (sponsor is TBD)
- 4.01K-A 2.5 mile Family Fun Run with a fun financial twist (sponsored by Be Wealth)
- Team Relays (sponsored by First Bank Kansas)
Register here: https://register.chronotrack.com/r/65309
- We are excited to have a Garmin Smart Pacing Team and are looking for route volunteers! (Sponsored by Bennington State Bank)
- We are working on Race Shirts! (Sponsored by JRI Hospitality)
- Vortex Global – Solids & Bulk Handling Components is designing some great medals and designed our race logo and website!
- Long McArthur is sponsoring cash prizes for top three male and female runners (full marathon only) and a backdrop for runner photo ops after they finish!
- Thank you to our official health care sponsor Mowery Clinic who will team up with Salina Family Healthcare Center and Salina Regional Health Center to provide race day support.
- Thank you to Salina Ortho for providing Bib Boards and Water Bottles for runners!
- We appreciate Salina Area Chamber of Commerce for being our economic and travel resource for runners! We are looking forward to seeing the data from the economic impact study they will be doing for us!
- Special thank you to the City of Salina for helping us develop a fun, fast, and scenic course!