Superheroes, including the likes of Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batman, Spiderman, and Wolverine were among the over 300 people who gathered to run, or walk, Saturday morning in a super heroic effort to fight childhood cancer. An impressive number of family and friends also gathered, in support of the Love, Chloe Superhero Strong Family Fun Run.
The 1 mile and 5k run/walk event was in memory/honor of all the local children that have/had cancer. Some of those children were there, and along with their families participated in the event.
The super hero themed event featured:
- Free Superhero cape for kids
- Free shirts for adults
- Prizes for overall male and female runners
- Medals for top 3 finishers in each age group
- Bounce-A-Roos bounce house
- Costume Contest
- Radio DJs Chad Allen, Hannah Holt, and Scott Walker from Y 93.7 and FM 104.9
- Appearances from superheroes including Merissa Anderson as Wonder Woman and Kal Salzman as Supergirl
Organizers said that local, similar race events like these held across the country, have brought in literally millions of dollars to help in the fight against childhood cancer.
As for the race itself, Daniel Craig was the overall men’s winner, and Melissa Smith were the winners of the 5k run.
(CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE)