Salina, KS

Now: 50 °

Currently: Clouds

Hi: 64 ° | Lo: 40 °

No Injuries in Residential Fire Near Mentor

Jeremy BohnJanuary 11, 2021

Much of a home’s chimney and attic are damaged in a Saturday night fire.

Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan tells KSAL News that emergency crews were sent to 8481 S. Ohio St.–a residence just south of Mentor–to the report of a chimney fire at 8:53 p.m. Saturday.

The fire started in the chimney and then spread to the home’s attic before crews could extinguish it.

The owner of the home is John Short, Assaria, but he rents it to 39-year-old Steven Tankler. No injuries are reported, however, total loss is $30,000.

Rural Fire Districts No. 2 and 6 responded to the fire, as well as the City of Assaria Fire Department.

Copyright © Meridian Media, 2021. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Meridian Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :



STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Damage to Salina Business
October 25, 2021Comments
Lumber Stolen From Rental...
October 25, 2021Comments
La Nina to Impact Kansas ...
October 24, 2021Comments
South Theatre Presents &#...
October 24, 2021Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets