Watch | Listen | Live stats | Kansas Game Notes
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The top-two winningest programs in college basketball history will meet for the 10th time in the last 12 seasons when No. 9 Kansas (16-4, 5-3 Big 12) plays at Kentucky (14-6, 5-3 SEC) as part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge on Saturday, Jan. 28. ESPN will televise the game at 7 p.m. (Central) with Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas and Holly Rowe calling the action. After its morning show at Tennessee, the ESPN College GameDay crew will be at the Kansas at Kentucky contest.
- Kansas is first in all-time wins at 2,373, while Kentucky is second at 2,367. En route to the 2022 NCAA National Championship, Kansas passed Kentucky on the all-time wins list.
- Kansas is 109-18 following a loss in the Bill Self era, which started in 2003-04. Since 2012-13, KU has been even more efficient with a record of 56-9 after losses.
- It’s Suits and Sneakers Week, a NABC and Coaches vs. Cancer initiative that supports the American Cancer Society’s lifesaving mission. Kansas’ staff will be wearing special adidas sneakers recognizing the event.
- Kansas is 5-4 in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge, including 2-2 against Kentucky. Since 2007, KU is 9-6 in conference challenges which includes battles against opponents from the SEC, Pac-12 and Big East.
- Kansas is No. 10 in the NET Rankings through games played on Jan. 25. Kansas is No. 1 in NET Strength of Schedule and has six Quadrant 1 wins.
- Redshirt-junior Jalen Wilson leads the Big 12 in scoring at 21.3 ppg, which is 12th nationally. He has posted back-to-back 30-point games with a career-high 38 at Kansas State and 30 versus TCU. Wilson also leads the Big 12 with eight double-doubles, which is 26th nationally.
- Redshirt-junior Dajuan Harris Jr. leads the Big 12 in assist-to-turnover ratio at 3.07 (ninth nationally). His 6.4 assists per game are second in the league and fifth nationally.
- Named to the 2023 Naismith Defensive Player of the Year watch list, redshirt-senior Kevin McCullar Jr. leads the Big 12 in steals (2.5), which is ninth nationally.
- Freshman Gradey Dick leads the Big 12 and is 15th nationally in three-point field goal percentage at 43.7%.
- Kansas is celebrating 125 years of men’s basketball in 2022-23.
Kansas will host Kansas State in the Dillons Sunflower Showdown on Tuesday, Jan. 31, at 7 p.m. (Central) on Big 12 NOW vis ESPN+. Kansas leads the overall series with Kansas State, 203-95, and the Jayhawks have won seven of the last eight and 15 of the last 17 meetings dating back to Feb. 3, 2016. KU is 52-18 versus Kansas State in Allen Fieldhouse and the Jayhawks have won the last 16 matchups in the venue.