Salina, KS

Now: 30 °

Currently: Clouds

Hi: 39 ° | Lo: 26 °

Mower Catches Lawn on Fire

KSAL StaffOctober 18, 2021

An area man’s lawn caught on fire after his mower malfunctioned.

Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan tells KSAL News that around 2 p.m. on Oct. 15, Jared Woltje noticed some flames coming from the grass below him. He tried to use his skid loader to put the fire out, but he was unsuccessful.

The skid loader, valued at $5,000, and three to four acres of land at 4735 W. Schilling Road were burned up in the fire. The crew from Fire District No. 6 extinguished the flames.

 

Copyright © Meridian Media, 2021. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Meridian Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :


STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

FHSU Choral Group Perform...
December 6, 2021Comments
Flags at Half Staff
December 6, 2021Comments
Rep. Mann Points to Duty ...
December 6, 2021Comments
Four Teenagers Charged Af...
December 6, 2021Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets