As the clock counts down for the 45th-anniversary River Festival, the start of Festival Medallion Quest 2021 draws near.
According to Salina Ars and Humanities, the first Medallion Quest clue will be shared live from the front steps of the Smoky Hill Museum this Wednesday afternoon at 4:30. Then starting Thursday clues will be available at 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m each day, at www.festivalmedallionquest.com , simultaneously posted on the signboard near the Eighth Street or west-facing doors of the Museum and SAH offices, downtown.
The Festival Medallion Quest was launched in 2009 by Salina Arts & Humanities to demonstrate the creativity and connectivity that the River Festival embodies year-round. Since the Medallion Quest’s inception, thousands have taken part.
The Medallion is a unique object designed each year by a local or regional artist. This year, the Quest returns to the former system of two separate, word-only (not graphic) clues released each day. While the daily clues may be shared independently by local media or on social media, the Quest website and SAH-posted clues remain the sole official sources for timely Festival Medallion Quest details.
Details and rules on how to play the Festival Medallion Quest can be found at www.festivalmedallionquest.com.
The Festival Medallion Quest 2021 prize package includes:
- $1,000 in cash
- $2,000 in Festival Gift Certificates, to be used for purchases in the Fine Art and Craft Show or Art/Craft Demonstration Area, during Festival weekend only.
- Four complimentary Festival weekend-admission Wristbands
- One on-grounds Festival parking pass (weather permitting)
- An invitation for four to attend the PREMIERE Art Patron Party on Thursday evening, September 2.
- Admission to the advance Art Patron shopping hour on Friday, September 3 at 9 a.m.
- Four Smoky Hill River Festival T-shirts
There is no cost to participate in the Festival Medallion Quest. Participants must be 18 years of age to claim any prize. See complete Medallion Quest rules at www.festivalmedallionquest.com or by clicking on the ‘Participate’ tab at the top of the www.riverfestival.com home page.
For more information on the Festival Medallion Quest or the Smoky Hill River Festival, call 785-309-5770, visit www.riverfestival.com or go to www.Facebook.com/SHRiverFestival.