The Smoky Hill River Festival medallion has been found.
Salina Arts & Humanities confirms that the 2022 Festival Medallion has been found, and an official winner verified.
A press briefing will be held at 1:30 pm at the Arts & Humanities Office and is open to the public.
The hunt for the medallion began back on May 18th.
_ _ _
ORIGINAL: The Smoky Hill River Festival Medallion Quest continues.
So far sixteen clues have been revealed.
Here are the clues:
- Consider the plot.
- Switch a religious tradition.
- Crazy reason names
- A blot disguised.
- Gap solution.
- Not Old England.
- Moving vehicle’s sound.
- Contrary to Greeley.
- Silver tubes.
- Spikes and chips.
- From wheels to hands.
- State of a train company.
- A state meets an ocean.
- Lights off plumb.
- Go for the gold.
- Underfoot pattern.
Clues will be available at 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m each day, at www.festivalmedallionquest.com , simultaneously posted on the signboard near the Eighth Street or west-facing doors of the Museum and SAH offices, downtown.
The Medallion is a unique object designed each year by a local or regional artist. This year, the Quest returns to the former system of two separate, word-only (not graphic) clues released each day. While the daily clues may be shared independently by local media or on social media, the Quest website and SAH-posted clues remain the sole official sources for timely Festival Medallion Quest details.
Details and rules on how to play the Festival Medallion Quest can be found at www.festivalmedallionquest.com.
The Festival Medallion Quest 2022 prize package includes:
- $1,000 in cash
- $2,000 in Festival Gift Certificates, to be used for purchases in the Fine Art and Craft Show or Art/Craft Demonstration Area, during the Festival weekend
- Four complimentary Festival admission wristbands
- One on-grounds Festival parking pass (weather permitting)
- An invitation for four to attend the evening PREMIERE Art Patron Party on Thursday, June 9th
- Four Smoky Hill River Festival t-shirts
- There is no cost to participate in the Festival Medallion Quest. Participants must be 18 years of age to claim any prize. See complete Medallion Quest rules at festivalmedallionquest.com.