Kansas Roads and highways will be plenty stuffed with Thanksgiving travel.
AAA predicts 54.6 million people will travel 50 miles or more from home this Thanksgiving. That’s a 1.5% increase over 2021 and 98% of pre-pandemic volumes.
AAA Kansas crunches the Thanksgiving travel numbers:
- 581,000 Kansans will travel 50+ miles
- 90% – or 525,000 – will drive
- 29,000 will fly
- 26,000 will take trains, buses and cruise ships
- Kansas gas prices up 20 cents/gal. from 2022
- 1,300 AAA Kansas Roadside Service calls expected
The Agency says this year is projected to be the third busiest for Thanksgiving travel since AAA started tracking in 2000.