Salina, KS

Now: 70 °

Currently: Clouds

Hi: 86 ° | Lo: 67 °

House Fire Linked to Fireworks

KSAL StaffJuly 5, 2019

A box of smoldering fireworks debris left in a garage sparked a fire that destroyed a home in Smolan.

Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan tells KSAL News that no one was injured after a late night fire Thursday at 201 S. Front Street.

The owner, 60-year-old Mayo Morgan told deputies he had gathered debris left behind from fireworks his teenage granddaughter and friends had shot off – and put them in a cardboard box on a shelf in the garage.

A short time later a fire engulfed the entire home destroying the structure and two vehicles, a 2017 Ford Explorer that was in the garage and a 2011 Ford Escape on the driveway.

A crew from Rural Fire District #6 responded to the blaze around 11pm.

Total loss is estimated at $261,500.

Photos courtesy of Saline Co. Sheriff’s Office

Copyright © Meridian Media, 2022. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Meridian Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :


STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Pets And Fireworks Don...
July 2, 2022Comments
All Should Avoid Harmful ...
July 2, 2022Comments
Expanded Most Wanted Onli...
July 2, 2022Comments
Tips Sought in Burglary C...
July 1, 2022Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets