Salina, KS

Now: 60 °

Currently: Fair

Hi: 84 ° | Lo: 61 °

Gypsum Fire Damages 2 Homes

KSAL StaffNovember 30, 2017

A heat lamp in a chicken coop is blamed for sparking a fire that heavily damaged two homes in Gypsum on Wednesday morning.

Crews from Rural Fire Districts 1, 2 and 5 rushed to the 100 block of King Street just before 9am yesterday after a shed behind the home at 117 King was engulfed in flames.

Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan tells KSAL News that the fire soon spread to a carport, several vehicles and the home’s exterior and roof.

Flames then jumped next door to a vacant home owned by Gary Olson at 123 King Street, burning the roof, and causing damage inside and out.

Deputies say owner William Winship was not home at 117 King during the fire but lost his dog, plus five chickens and a rooster in the blaze.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental.

Loss and damage across the two properties is estimated at over $200,000.

Courtesy Saline Co Sheriff

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2017.  All Rights Reserved. No part of this story or website may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2020. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS



STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Kansas COVID-19 Weekly Up...
May 29, 2020Comments
Most USD 305 Playgrounds ...
May 29, 2020Comments
Gun Shots Fired at StuJos
May 29, 2020Comments
Truck Crash Sends Wichita...
May 29, 2020Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2020 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH