Salina, KS

Now: 45 °

Currently: Fair

Hi: 45 ° | Lo: 43 °

Fire Damages Salina Apartment

Todd PittengerJanuary 17, 2019

A fire damaged a Salina apartment on Thursday morning.

First responders were called to 637 S Jaran Apartment A. Fire Marshall Troy Long told KSAL News at the scene the occupants had safely exited, and there was an active fire when the first crews arrived.

According to Long, the fire started on a stove. It damaged a wall, and cabinets. Firefighters were able to keep it from spreading any further.

Structure damage was limited to the kitchen area. There is smoke damage throughout the structure.

Long says the apartment, at least temporarily, is uninhabitable.

 

 

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2019. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS



STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Sun Soaked Hyllningsfest
October 20, 2019Comments
Friends of the Library to...
October 19, 2019Comments
Shots Fired at a Salina B...
October 18, 2019Comments
2 More Businesses Report ...
October 18, 2019Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2019 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH