Salina, KS

Now: 78 °

Currently: Clouds

Hi: 98 ° | Lo: 76 °

Fire Damages Salina Apartment

Todd PittengerJanuary 17, 2019

A fire damaged a Salina apartment on Thursday morning.

First responders were called to 637 S Jaran Apartment A. Fire Marshall Troy Long told KSAL News at the scene the occupants had safely exited, and there was an active fire when the first crews arrived.

According to Long, the fire started on a stove. It damaged a wall, and cabinets. Firefighters were able to keep it from spreading any further.

Structure damage was limited to the kitchen area. There is smoke damage throughout the structure.

Long says the apartment, at least temporarily, is uninhabitable.

 

 

Copyright © Meridian Media, 2022. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Meridian Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :


STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Pets And Fireworks Don...
July 2, 2022Comments
All Should Avoid Harmful ...
July 2, 2022Comments
Authorities Stress Firewo...
July 2, 2022Comments
Expanded Most Wanted Onli...
July 2, 2022Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets