Smoky Hill River Festival Medallion Quest fans are gearing up for this year’s hunt. The 2015 Smoky Hill River Festival Medallion Quest begins on Friday afternoon. The first clue will announced live in Oakdale Park, and on the radio, during an event and concert from local Salina band Northcutt at the Eric Stein Stage
The hand-crafted art medallion will be hidden on public property somewhere in Salina. In a bit of a change this year, two clues will be released daily, at 7:30 in the morning and 5:30 in the evening, until the medallion is found.
Clues can be heard on the radio, and seen online here on KSAL.COM. They will originate from the Medallion Quest page of the River Festival website. The clues will also be posted on the west entry doors of the Arts and Humanities office located at 211 W. Iron Ave.
The first clue will be announced live Friday afternoon, at around 1:00, during the concert in Oakdale Park on the Eric Stein Stage. Salina Media Group radio station Newsradio 1150 KSAL will broadcast the concert, and the clue announcement. The concert begins at 12:30, and concludes at 1:00 when the clue is announced. There will be only 1 clue released on the the first day.
A Festival Quest Weekend Package will be awarded to the first-eligible person to find the medallion and follow its direction to claim the prize.
The prize package includes:
- $2,000 cash
- $2,000 in Festival Gift Certificates, to be used toward purchases in the Fine Art Show, Four Rivers Craft Show, or the Art/Craft Demonstration Area
- Four Festival admission Buttons
- One on-ground Festival parking pass (weather permitting)
- Invitation for four to the Festival’s Art Patron Breakfast on June 13
- Assorted Festival T-shirts, entertainer’s CDs, and other Festival memorabilia
Copyright © Salina Media Group, 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story or website may be reproduced without Salina Media Groups’s express consent.