Can you match up these famous liars with their infamous lies? Check your answers at JoanJerkovich.com and comment on how many of the 14 lies you correctly matched with the liar! Have your friends and co-workers see how many liars they can identify. I won’t be surprised if I see a few “local” lies being ratted out in the anonymous comments! ~ Joan
- Regarding his investigation for corruption: “whether you tape me privately or publicly, I can tell you that whatever I say is always lawful and the things I’m interested in are always lawful.”
- Regarding rumors of his extramarital affair, first published in the National Enquirer: “tabloid trash.” Also lied about fathering a child with his mistress as later proven with DNA testing.
- Regarding the release of lewd photos the married congressman sent to women over the Internet: “This was a hoax. It was committed on me, it was a prank, it was a relatively easy one to do, making fun of my name.”
- While dodging rumors of an extramarital affair while running for the Democratic nomination in 1987: “follow me around. I don’t care. … I’m serious. If anybody wants to put a tail on me, go ahead. They’d be very bored.”
- After reports surfaced of an affair with former White House intern: “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.”
- Delivered his infamous lie on November 17, 1973: “I am not a crook,”
- In a 2007 sting operation at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport after sexually soliciting an undercover officer. When explaining why he slid his foot under the bathroom stall to tap the foot of the officer in the adjacent stall, Craig famously explained he had a “wide stance” and maintained his innocence.
- “I never bet on baseball.”
- “Everything I’ve done is natural. Everybody that I know in the game of baseball uses the same stuff I use.”
- “No, come on, man,” when asked if he doped to win the Tour de France. “I wouldn’t hold it against somebody if they don’t believe me.”
- “I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name. I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown.”
- After realizing he was duped by a hoax: “I think I’ll never forget the time when I found out that, you know, my girlfriend passed away and the first person to run to my aid was my defensive coordinator, Coach (Bob) Diaco, and you know he said something very profound to me. He said, ‘This is where your faith is tested.’ Right after that, I ran into the players’ lounge and I got on the phone with my parents—and I opened my eyes and my head coach was sitting right there.”
- He lied to Oprah about his autobiography saying: the “demons” that had driven him to abuse alcohol and drugs were the same ones that had led him to invent events in his autobiography.
- “Listen, I’ve said it for seven years. I’ve said it longer than seven years. I have never doped,”
The Joan Jerkovich Show News Radio 1150 KSAL Saturdays @ 6am & Sundays @ 9pm CST Podcast posts to KSAL.com Mondays
Click HERE to anonymously send Joan your question!
Newly Available for Purchase:
Life Coaching eBook Series & 12”x18” Inspirational Quotes Posters!