Bennington State Bank is promoting of several key leaders. The bank says these strategic appointments will play a key role in supporting the company’s expansion, growth and goals.
The Board of Directors unanimously elected Darren Gragg to succeed Burke Matthews as President and Chief Executive Officer of The Bennington State Bank (BSB), effective January 31st, 2021. Matthews will continue as President Emeritus for the next several years.
“Darren (Gragg) brings the skills and experience to deliver the leadership that is needed today, while building and preparing for tomorrow,” said Matthews.
Commenting on his appointment, Gragg said, “It is an honor to assume the role as President and CEO at BSB. Working alongside the most talented and committed team of bankers to serve our communities and customers is a privilege.”
The Bennington State Bank is excited to announce the promotions of several team members. “These promotions reflect our company’s commitment and tradition of excellence,” said Gragg. “We have built a high performing team and want to recognize these individuals for their leadership and contributions.”
- Kory Tinkler, Executive Vice President, has been promoted to role of Chief Credit Officer. Tinkler will be responsible for the overall management of the bank’s loan portfolio, providing support and direction to lending staff as well as overseeing strategies for managing the bank’s lending portfolio.
- Brett Mitchell has been promoted to Executive Vice President, Chief Banking Officer. Mitchell will be responsible for contributing to the strategic planning and direction of the bank, overseeing customer relationship growth and implementing annual goals and objectives.
- Evette Beckman has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer where she will be responsible for managing operational activities and ensuring the delivery of reliable, quality, and timely service to customers.
- Brandy Felzien has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Chief Wealth Officer. Felzien is responsible for oversight and leadership of all aspects of Bennington State Bank Trust & Wealth Management, including formulating and executing the overall BSB Trust & Wealth Management strategic plan.
- Joshua Marquardt has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Wamego Market President where he will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations at the Wamego location. Marquardt will provide leadership in achieving the bank’s growth goals in the Wamego market.
- Debra Adams has been promoted to Vice President, Treasury Management Officer. Adams will be responsible for promoting Treasury Management products and services, providing creative product solutions that create cash management efficiencies for business customers, and presenting consultations and demonstrations to existing and prospective business customers.
- Ryan McMillan has been promoted to Vice President, Loan Officer. McMillan will be responsible for managing the Minneapolis team, ensuring the customer needs are met, functions are completed effectively, and strong relationships within the community are established.
- Dakota Rohleder has been promoted to Vice President, Loan Officer. Rohleder is responsible for originating, managing and supervising a portfolio of agriculture and consumer loans. Rohleder works with farmers and rural citizens to determine needs, advise, and obtain funds for their operation.
- Shannon Bosch has been promoted to Assistant Vice President, Loan Officer. Bosch is responsible for originating, administering, and evaluating consumer and real estate loans based on customer needs and opportunities in the Wamego and surrounding markets.
- Erin Hayes has been promoted to Assistant Vice President, Compliance/BSA Officer. Hayes has recently earned the Community Bank Compliance Officer certification while taking on the BSA Officer role as well as ensuring the bank is compliant with regulations governing the operations of the bank.
“We are proud to recognize each member’s contributions to the bank’s success with these promotions,” said Gragg. “Each individual brings a wealth of knowledge and extensive experience to the bank. Our team’s work ethic paired with their passion to deliver exceptional banking services and products is unparalleled.”