A new event in Salina while shine a light on women who are outstanding in the arts.
In an effort to empower local women and women-identifying artists, encourage collaboration and create continuing awareness of the YW Legacy Fund, the Women of Achievement Committee in Salina has created a new event. This evening premiers multi-disciplinary performances in the Black Box Theatre and a visual arts exhibition in the lobby will be held at the Salina Community Theatre on November 9th from 7-9 PM. All of the work selected for the evening relates to the core mission of the former YWCA in Salina – eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice and dignity for all.
Artists selected and their mediums include:
- Kristy Yenkey, Visual Art
- Casey Ogle, Visual Art
- Peggy DeBey, Visual Art
- Barbara Mulvihill and Megan Mack, Poetry/Prose
- Brenda Smith, Visual Art
- Susan Buck, Visual Art
- Connie Burket, Visual Art
- Marideth Highsmith, Visual Art
- Anna Pauscher, Poetry and Music
- Ashley Wheeler and Ann Zimmerman, Performance/Video
- Megan Coberly, Performance/Video
- Anita Chase and Valerie Linenberger, Performance/Video
- Andrea Fuhrman, Visual Art
- Adrienne Lynn, Culinary Arts , Chef
- Katy England, Visual Art
- Anne Shadwick, Culinary Arts , Pastry Chef
- Emery Diercks, Poetry/Prose
- Amanda Wagner, Culinary Arts, Mixologist
- Shawn Delker, Visual Art
The event will also include small bites from the Renaissance Cafe , , sweet treats and a signature event cocktail as part of the $50 ticket price. Beer and wine selections will also be available for purchase.
The Women of Achievement event was introduced by the former YWCA of Salina in 1993 to recognize the work of outstanding women in our community on a bi-annual basis. Organizers hope this Women Empowered Arts event will serve as a bridge between the Women of Achievement luncheons, occurring in alternating years.
Proceeds from the Women of Achievement event and the Women Empowered event support the YW Legacy Fund at the Greater Salina Community Foundation, which makes grants to individuals and organizations that support the mission of the former YWCA.
Tickets are available at: http://bit.ly/womenempowered19 ! Register online or mail a check made to YWCA Legacy Fund to:
Women of Achievement, PO Box 1081 ● Salina KS 67402-1081. RSVPS accepted until Friday, Nov. 1. For
more information, email [email protected] or call Paula Fried at 785-826-0014.