While the numbers of women who want to get married are going up, men are less likely to want to walk down the aisle. In the past 15 years, the numbers of men who do not, or will not, get married has jumped six percent. More and more men are opting out of marriage, and women are asking why.
Serial Dating Benefits And Ethics. Tired Of Serial Dating. Serial Dating Problems And Pitfalls. LISTEN to these topics on “The Joan Jerkovich Show,” this Saturday from 6-7am; or Sunday from 9-10pm. Listen to 1150 KSAL as “Your Life Coach” brings you “Empowering Talk Radio!”
Ladies, here are the 9 Dirty Little Secrets Of Men Who Won’t Get Married!
- Sex: Men today don’t need to marry you to get sex! You know this is true, and I’m all for the equality of women, but the changing societal standards for premarital sex has backfired for women who want to move their relationships toward marriage.
- Cohabitation: Another change in relationships over the years is the number of couples who opt to cohabitate versus get married. Couples who live together are not as frowned upon as they used to be so ladies, if you want to improve your chances of marriage, don’t move in with the guy.
- Serial Monogamy: It’s easier for men today to have a girlfriend for a while, enjoy all the privileges of marriage without the civil contract, break up then find another new girlfriend than it is to go through a divorce.
- Divorce: Multiple sources cite that the number one reason men don’t want to get married is that either they themselves have been through a bad divorce or they have witnessed the grief, bad outcomes and money divorces have cost their buddies.
- Bromance: Guys love to hang with the guys and they feel like a wife will keep them from this vital part of their social life.
- Man-Cave: When men live alone their space is their own. They can hang their moose heads in the living room if they want. All too often when they get married they end up relegated to the unfinished room in the basement where they have to set up their man-cave to preserve their maledom.
- Bigger Better Deal: These are the perpetual playboys who are always looking for something better. If they’re dating a “9”, they’re on the prowl for that elusive “10”. Expect age to slow these guys down because as they get older, dating really young women just categorizes them as “creepy old men”.
- Mammas Boys: Forget these guys. If they’re still living in mommy’s basement you wouldn’t want to marry them anyway. They’re already married to momma and there’s no room at the Inn for you!
- Die-hard Bachelors: These are the guys who have hit 50 and never been married. Don’t get in to a relationship with them expecting marriage because, according to the research I did, it’s probably never going to happen.
Click HERE to anonymously send Joan your question!
Newly Available for Purchase: