A recent multi-agency operation that included the Salina Police Department ended with $4.4 million worth of methamphetamine taken off the streets.
According to the Junction City Police Department, the agencies participated in a 3-day special operation that targeted major criminals. This operation occurred in Wabaunsee County, and over the 3-day span, multiple arrests were made. In addition to the arrests, there were several cases where large amounts of narcotics were seized. As a result of this operation over 120 pounds of Methamphetamine (street value of over $4,400,000), were seized and removed from circulation.
They say this operation was a great example of inter-agency collaboration, working together on a common goal, making our communities safer.
Participating agencies include:
- Wabaunsee County Sheriff’s Office
- Junction City Police Department
- Osage County, KS Sheriff’s Office
- Marshall County Sheriff Tip Line
- Salina Police Department
- Dickinson County Sheriff’s Office
- Newton, KS Police Department
- Cloud County Sheriff’s Department
- Marion County Sheriff’s Office
- Pratt Police Department
- McPherson County KS Sheriff’s Office
- Rossville Police Department
- Clarke County Sheriffs
- Department of Homeland Security