Salina, KS

Now: 89 °

Currently: Fair / Windy

Hi: 98 ° | Lo: 76 °

10 Kansas Lifeguards Suffer Chlorine Exposure

KSAL StaffJuly 13, 2017

Officials say ten lifeguards at a public pool in Manhattan were taken to a hospital for chlorine exposure.

Manhattan Parks and Recreation spokeswoman Melissa Kirkwood says the lifeguards were exposed Wednesday at Northview Pool. KSNT-TV reports that patrons weren’t sickened because the chlorine apparently was released during a break that gives the lifeguards a chance to get into the pool and cool down while everyone else gets out of the water.

Kirkwood blamed the release on an equipment malfunction that was caused by a lightning strike earlier this month. The Manhattan Fire Department was able to contain the leak late Wednesday afternoon, but the pool remains closed for now.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2018. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

RELATED POSTS

Changes Coming For Kansas License Buyers

December 2, 2017 10:15 am

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Woman Rescued From Drowni...
June 18, 2018Comments
Political Signs Not Allow...
June 17, 2018Comments
Kansas Handfishing Requir...
June 17, 2018Comments
Donors Needed to “P...
June 17, 2018Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2018 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH