Plugged Chimney Prompts Fire Call
Todd Pittenger - February 3, 2014 8:11 pm
Salina firefighters responded to the report of a possible fire in East Salina Monday evening. At around 7:00 crews responded to an apartment complex at 750 Fairdale.
Salina Fire Marshal Roger Williams told KSAL News at the scene that crews responded to a report of smoke coming out of the soffits of the apartment.
Williams says that though there was smoke, there were no visible signs of an active fire.
Williams says it’s possible some sort of material, possible a bird’s nest or something similar, was smoldering in or around the chimney.
Ultimately, crews discovered that there was no fire, other than one in the fireplace. The chimney was plugged, causing smoke to be pushed back down.
Crews ventilated the building.